How do I make a sit animation?

zombie6ft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new so I'm not really sure where to start...

What I've done is created a chair that I want to be able to sit in, but I don't know what all I would need in order to make the character move into the chair and sit..

Any help would be much apreciated :D

You can buy sit animations to put in your chair.  You will need a script too.  Or you can make your own animation using an animation program outside of SL. 

If you choose to buy them, you can search animation stores in world or on MP.  If you find them on MP I highly suggest you go in world and try them out first, as not all animations are created equal.  If you plan on selling your chair you will need to purchase animations for 'builders' or ones both copy and transferable.  You will also need a copy and transfer animation script that is either modifiable or configured via a notecard  part of a system such as AV Sitter, which automatically figures out the vectors and rotations you need for the script that are needed to set up the specific animation you use for use with your specific chair.

Creating good animations is an art form that takes talent and skill.  Unless you have experience, it will take you a while to learn  Here is a link to more information if you are interested in learning.  The information you need is to lengthy to explain in a forum post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coby Foden wrote:

What has that link to do with animations?

shrug-1.gif

Nothin' :D

Issa spambot. They link to other websites and hope that Google sees the crosslink, and ranks the destination site higher as a result. Post content is typically constructed either from pre-loaded abstracts, recycled posts from higher in the thread, or assorted junk (it's difficult for most botmakers to tell context). Lots of it goin' on in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

first thing is first you need to animate the character sitting in a chair, then you need to export character with the chair all in one modle. make her sitting animation character only animation or you can make it the last one in the .bip file. I have done this many times and this is the best way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.