Holding the bouquet animation for a wedding

Laurent Bechir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I try to make an animation for a bride who would hold a bouquet in her two hands while walking. My problem is that the animation doesn't stand when the avatar walks. The arms go down along the legs. The animation works only when the avatar stays still. I've tried to upload an animation with priority set to 4, then when I try to make my avatar walk, the arms stay in their position, but the legs don't move, which makes a strange effect. Is it possible to make such an animation, and if yes, how, please ?

Thank you

What you need to do is make the 1st and 2nd frame the same for all the bones below the torso. The SL system compares the first and 2nd frame of your animation to determine what parts of the avatar to animate. If the legs in the first and 2nd frame are the same, the legs won't animate, and will be controlled by the default AO system, or an AO system you are using.

• Like 1

I'm doing my animation with Daz Studio. I only move the arms in the position to hold a bouquet. I don't touch at anything below the torso, so first and second frames should be the same. The animations has 20 frames. I check Second Life compatibility when exporting from Daz Studio. I upload my animation to Second Life with priority 4. I check "loop". When I make the avatar walk, the arms stay in position, but the legs don't move. Wham am I missing ?

The AO walk is likely a priority 4 and ID immediately being started again and just takes priority.

Choices include, using a script to defeat the AO with a fast timer tho restart yours instead but such script fights get silly really.

Or find a priority 3 walk

Or my personal choice, animate only the arms and upload the animation as priority 5

(tools such as Avastar plug in for blender make this rather easy)

Well, your issue is obvious now. Dazstudeo automatically adds a first frame to your animation if you check Secondlife compatibility. If you are using the SL cr2 file in daz to animate with, then you don't need to check Secondlife compatibility, and it should not add the first frame.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.