Help for a newbie please

x0xAmberx0x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just started using Qavimator, and I really mean just, I've watched a few tutorials and have had a little play to get used to what everything does.What I want to make, if it's possible, is a few simple animations that animate the top part of the body without affecting your walk, so you could say, wave a flag and walk ,is it possible to do this and if so how .Thank you :)

Yes it is possible. In Qavimator you would need to rotate all the body parts on the top half of the avatar and not rotate any of the parts on the lower half of the avatar.  By not rotating any of the lower half, when you upload the animation, SL will use the default walk animation on the lower half while it uses your upper half animation.

The first thing you should try is make a two frame pose. In qavimator, set the frames to 2. Leave the first frame at the 'T' pose. On the second frame, move all the body pieces like the chest, collar, shoulders, etc. into a flag holding pose. Don't move the hips and anything below. You can leave the head and neck alone too if you want. Then save it as an AVM file and then export is as a BVH file. Upload the BVH file into SL, setting it to priority 4, and looping. Then play it in SL and try walking around. You should see your avatar holding a pose with the upper body and walking around normally.

If all that works, you just need to add to the pose in qavimator by adding more frames and creating a flag waving animation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.