Hands randomly bending?

Tommy Rampal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I know it's a common problem to experience hands doing random things, but I'm unsure if this is something I'm doing terribly wrong or can be avoided:

When playing animations I have made, I find that for some reason the hands seem to bend backwards (almost 90 degress). So animations like beating your chest or stroking the back of your head will seem very off.

I'm a bit new when it comes to animations, does anyone have this problem and is there a work around?

Thanks

When you are making your animation, you need to move the all the joints of the body even if you aren't using them. This is to 'lock' them in place. If you don't move a joint, SL will apply the default animations and that body part may move around randomly. Actually, you don't have to move all the joints, but you do want to move the joints that you don't want to be controlled by the default animations, such as your hands in this case.

Also, make sure you start your animation on the 2nd frame.

• Like 2

Unsure the software you are using but the rule should be same for all, in poser I do this:

Frame 1 = T pose

Frame 2 = First frame of animations, check every joint has some degree of movement, if it is 0 on ZY and Z make Z = 1 or something = no random movement :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.