Giving partner control over animation HUD attached to myself

Bluemoonn00

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Maybe this question has been asked before.

I have three different huds with A rated animations, one of them has an option to give the menu to my partner.

Is there a quick and dirty method to let partner control the other huds? they both have options to set permissions on menus and poseballs, but no way to actually give the menu to my partner.
How is this usually done if the menu only pops up when clicking hud attached to self?

Depending on HUD, maybe take the animations out of the other two and put them into the one that works?

This will require mod permissions on the one you want to add to and will also require that it's able to read additional animations and add them to the menu in a sensible way.  There might be a notecard that builds the menu?

Okay, thanks for the reply. I know the huds have possibility to add own animations.

I thought it might be possible to send some kind of link in local chat that allows partner to access the menu.

The notecards give general information on usage or adjustments but nothing on giving the menu.

The menu starts by clicking the hud, maybe I could somehow link it to a rezzable object, much like the stand alone engines sold by some furniture vendors. At least one of them has mod and copy permissions.

Worth remembering that when rezzing a HUD on the ground, you wouldn't be able to control who can click it.

To change from owner-only to public, you'd need Modify permissions on the scripts inside the HUD - not just of the HUD itself. You'd also probably have to know LSL to adjust relevent sections of code.

I've found a workaround with one of the huds,   

I used a simple carpet without animations and rezzed the hud on it,  then made the hud itself invisible and linked it with the carpet. The result is that the carpet itself can now be clicked by anyone to access the menu (after setting permissions to all in the menu).   So it's essentially using a hud in the same manner as adding an engine to a piece of furniture.

Unfortunately,  this works only with one of my huds (which has mod permissions)  the other one cannot be linked,  it is still possible to rezz it and give others pemission to use,   but then i cant get rid of the hud icon hovering in the air.  making it invisible and partner doesn't know where to click,  and I can't move it because it's a reference point for the poseballs.

I guess I should find a way to adjust the location where the poseballs appear,  adjusting every animation one by one is not an option. (but could work theoreticall)  

btw, forgive me if I still sound a little noob-ish,   I am pretty new to SL and just started to fiddle with these things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.