DAZ Studio 4.0 SL compatible?

Calico Carissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel as if I have ot mention this again. Daz Pro (not the regular free limited version, the full pro package) is FREE until march 31st., 2012. I really don't work for them, am not getting commission BUT...this is the pro version and I feel as if some might really enjoy this and might make some money with it, heck...these are hard times for some and some always have a hard time. So, this is the chance to try it out and see what one can do with it. Tutorials on youtube seem to be helpful. I like to play around with this, mostly I am in a linux OS...so, needless to say I don't bother after some rather disapointing messes with Wine. Anyone wanting to try it on linux might want to check out WineHQ to figure out if it is compatible though.

I did try the newest one and I still like the pupeteer thing Is that the little pad area you pud dots on and then click-hold and drag while recording the motions created as the mouse comes close to each animation dot? That thing is neat. Brings a little more lifelikeness, if done right. I tried it out and want to see if anyone can come up with a treatise, method or rules of thumb when using it. But, yeah. Great chance to really check out the pro version, which also comes with an animation plug in trial, like the free version used to and might still do. Animate2? Something like that. Not sure about that, it seems to use pre-made animations to make more complex animations.

I have to admit, qavimator is so stright forward I picked it up faster. But Daz Studio seems to have more features and the pupeteer thing seemed to realy make it intriquing. But, basically...I couldn't resist playing with it as it is free! I am hoping it will be of use though, at least for others. I have a project or two to do on it on another PC, but more or less I can't run it on linux and can't use it for Alacer products much, blender does fine for what I need and so would qavimator(linux CAN run it sometimes on wine...but 50/50 for me so far and I don't feel like trying again lol) so....uh, yeah. Little bit of a software junky and will sit at anothers PC and want to play around with even the mundane software sometimes! Needless to say, I lose a lot of hours each day to distractions. I really need everyone I have to be productive...to many softwares and to little time.

I been playing around more with Daz lately. More for video stuff tho. I did bring the SL avatar in and give him finger bones and a jaw bone. I figured that if I wanted to make some videos using daz, I can't have every character be the high polygon Genesis character. So, why not use the SL avatar for all my extras in a scene. That is why I gave him fingers and a jaw. Plus, I can reuse all the SL clothing that I've made over the years. Oh, and many of the accessories, like hair, can also fit on the SL avatar.

Here's a short video that I just made using a kick that I made for SL. The KO animations was made in daz, but I can easily convert it to bring in SL also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

I took advantage of the free Daz 4 and started using it again. It has been at least a couple of years since I had. I got my SL male and female in a preset and did a short animation. It exported fine (and I used SL compatability) and was able to view it in both poser and bvhacker.

Problems:

1) The avie in both poser and hacker is buried in the ground although it looked fine in Daz.

2) Hand joints are most weird. In hacker the hands and one foot are way to long (if that is a good description) and in poser hands are bent forward into the arms.

The actual motion came through OK. I was making a brushing hair anim so the arm movement was fine but i am brushing hair with my wrists! LOL.

Does anyone else get weird joint rotations?

I figured a work around and it works well..but before I go posting a work around that unneccessary I thought I would ask.

AprilMae Devin wrote:

Hey all.

I took advantage of the free Daz 4 and started using it again. It has been at least a couple of years since I had. I got my SL male and female in a preset and did a short animation. It exported fine (and I used SL compatability) and was able to view it in both poser and bvhacker.

Problems:

1) The avie in both poser and hacker is buried in the ground although it looked fine in Daz.

The height issue is because many programs think that the height position should be 41 or something like that. For us in SL, this is very weird as there are many instances where height is different, and we can animate just certain parts of the avatar, which means the rest has to be left at zero. Yeah, you could leave the height at 41 and just make the 2nd frame 41. Even Qavi wants you to make your height 41.

As far as the other issues, I've only seen the weird hands and some rigging issues. When I create an FBX file to see the avatar in my motion capture program, the weights on the shins get all messed up. I have no clue why any of this happens. It is especially weird because the SL avatar is imported using the cr2 file that poser creates.

• 5 months later...

Hi :) Is the height thing still an issue? I made a very simple pose of a av sitting on what appears to be the ground in Daz, exported it to sl and there my av is grovelling under the ground? If I can´t move the hips how is one to make a ground sit or crawl? Been trawling all the forums but noone seems to talk about this :(

Kind regards :)

Sally Lavender wrote:

Hi
:)
Is the height thing still an issue? I made a very simple pose of a av sitting on what appears to be the ground in Daz, exported it to sl and there my av is grovelling under the ground? If I can´t move the hips how is one to make a ground sit or crawl? Been trawling all the forums but noone seems to talk about this
:(

Kind regards
:)

Yes, this is kind of the issue with Daz. Because it makes the Tframe for you, you can't adjust it to fix the right height. All you can do is adjust the hip height to the Tframe height. What normally just do is drop the animation into SLat, or Qavi, and adjust the first frame to however I need it.

• 11 months later...

Sorry wasn't sure were to place this question I have started making animations playing around in Daz 3D to do them as it seems most user friendly. I am pretty much clued up on most things but I'm having issue's editing the fingers on the hands as there does not seem to be relevant joints in the standard SL 3d Avatar mesh. Could someone help me sort this out as I would like to make the poses with out my hands looking weird.

HELP! pls

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.