DAZ 3D Question about Nodes & Bone creation?

Arabella Loxely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using DAZ 3D to create poses for my store, Vital Couture Inc. and to also sell in my photography studio for my clients. But with the DAZ SL avatar model you download from LL, I can't change anything with her fingers. Like with the genesis model, you can open and close her fist and spread her fingers and all but I can't find any options to do that with the SL model. I was hoping someone could tell me how to create a new bone or a new node for the fingers or if there's a more advanced model I could download similar to genesis but compatible with SL. Google & Youtube weren't helpful at all to me with this.

Thanks for any help!

Arabella Loxely :heart:

SL does not allow you to add or delete bones from the avatar.

The fingers on the hand can not be modified as to position with the SL avatar.  

There is probalby a JIRA entry or two requesting this be fixed but LL has no inclination to do so.

This is not only for daz, but also for maya, blender, qavimator, slat, poser,mixamo or any other program you wish to use to make animations.

SL doesn't allow you to add finger bones. That would be a nice thing of course to upload custom skeletons.Alloving users to do much more than now.

However even if yuo couldn't rig your finger animations there is still some trick you can do.

When you upload the animations just choose the hand pose you like. if your animations must have expressions ( hence you can't rig them in any 3d and import) you can use SL standard facial expressions that you see in that preview upload window.

However you can alsways add face expressions later in world via script if you are playing oyur animations through hud or a bed engine.

Thanks(: thats what I've been doing since I couldnt fix the fingers in daz but SL has been giving me some issues with it. Most of the time the pose appears with spread fingers even though I chose "Peace Right" hand pose for it. When I'm lucky itll appear correctly but I'm afraid this is going to cause a problem when customers start purchasing the animations. I submitted a ticket to SL about this but I've read up on it from google and it seems like this hasn't been fixed or given any attention since way before 2007 I've seen complaints.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.