Can´t believe nobody can help :( A Daz issue...

Sally Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How to make a simple sit pose in DAZ???

Not for a poseball. Not an animation.

* I can easily make a pose and export it to sl... THE PROBLEM IS:

*If I move the hips to roughly ground level I end up under the floor.

*The avatar is NOT too small, is a standard Linden avatar shape and size.

Surely there is a way to be able to dictate the exact location where the pose will be played in sl? Its very limiting if I don´t know where I end up? What if I want the pose to lie on the floor? Tried a dozen exports, but then its pure potlluck if I am above or below where I want to be...

I have tried the Daz forum = Not a single reply.

Tried the Second life forums, and tried the Daz Inworld group where nobody even bothered answering :(

So either its top secrete or the people in the know arn´t telling?

I've already given you an answer. I am sorry if you have not understood it. I wish I could show you with illustrations but at the moment I am unable to boot into the OS where I have Daz installed. Because all avatar sizes vary  what you see displayed on Daz will not be the end result in SL. Trial and error is the best way. Use a viewer that allows you to preview the animation (even a pose IS an animation with a single frame being played in a loop) with your avatar before uploading to avoid high costs, this way you can adjust the animation on Daz as needed.

Thanks Darren :) I have tried every variation possible, but just guessing where my avatar will end up is totally hopeless for me, think I will just have to give this up :( 

The Inworld u-poser is so simple, I simply move the root prim to where it needs to be and the animation works fine, regardless who uses it.

Only minus with it is that its so much harder to get the body parts in the right place, ie hands

Take care and bye for now :)

Ok try this ( a small tutorial but since I don't have Daz in front of me right now I will do it from the top of my head so bear with me).

- Create a new scene

- Import the SL Avatar Mesh

- Now you will have the SL Avatar with the standard T-Pose. Don't move anything

- Click on the hip. Now there should be some arrows similar to SL's build tool, select the arrow pointing up and move the avatar up a few meters.

- Save and export

- Import to SL. Now you will notice that the avatar will be in the air.

Do all the steps again but:

- Create a new scene

- Import the SL Avatar Mesh

- Now you will have the SL Avatar with the standard T-Pose. Don't move anything

- Click on the hip. Now there should be some arrows similar to SL's build tool, select the arrow pointing down and move the avatar up a few meters down maybe so its half way under the Daz floor line.

- Save and export

- Import to SL. Now you will notice the avatar will be under the ground.

Now you should know how to manipulate the position of the avatar in your pose. Start your pose from scratch, once you have the pose the way you want it, you can adjust the hip at the end as needed.

I cant help you with Daz as i dont use it.  use a viewer like phoenix or imprudence to view your animations inworld as you AV before uploading your animations.  The SL 3 viewer wont allow this which is absolutely stupid, they should give the option how you view animations before upload because the model in that little box is a waste of time.  If there is an option to switch to the inworld view in V3 i havent found it in debug yet.

Good luck.

Helm Anton wrote:

I cant help you with Daz as i dont use it.  use a viewer like phoenix or imprudence to view your animations inworld as you AV before uploading your animations.  The SL 3 viewer wont allow this which is absolutely stupid, they should give the option how you view animations before upload because the model in that little box is a waste of time.  If there is an option to switch to the inworld view in V3 i havent found it in debug yet.

Good luck.

linden encourage people to use the beta grid for testing purposes. can upload as many times as you want on there for no cost. can have mutiple versions rezzed inworld so can compare them side by side. then switch to main grid to upload your final

How far into the floor do you end up?
Are you trying the pose you made work in Daz Studio on a new shape in world? If so, do you still end up below the ground? Or are you trying the pose with your normal shape, which I assume is edited and changed from the default? if so, I wonder if the issue could have to do with changes to body height and torso/leg length? (those are the ones I think would affect the hip position like you describe)

I don't know if there is a way, beside trial and error, to figure out if you will end up below, on or above the ground when making poses and animations. I have never come across a way.

I have also reached the same conclusion, trial and error, which I find totally rediculous.... Would think that that was an easy issue for somebody to figure a work around. I have noticed that even some of the better pose makers in sl have their poses either half a foot above the ground or partially in it, leaving pose balls as a only realistic option.

I have taken a bit of the guesswork out by creating a scene and building prims at the approximate sl ground level....

I also got a tip from a guy on Daz which I unfortunately dont undertsnad! "If it's always half a metre inside the ground, just select your figure and go to Create->New Null and translate it up by 50 cm"

Ps. I cant think of that many situations where one would want ones avatar underground so why is the sl ground not "solid" this would solve the issue by pushing the avatar upwards and the shape size would also not be an issue. Probably more people wanting to be above the ground than below. I have noticed that when I buy a new skin or shape it never pushes me underground... Probably another good technical explanation somewhere.

It's not specifically a Daz issue. In SL, avatars can be different sizes. When you make an animation on a specific avatar then technically, it only really fits that avatar. You won't notice on most animations but unless the animation was made for your body, then there will always be some issue. The distance from the floor is the biggest issue tho. Plus, the closer your hips get to the ground, the more screwed up it will be. In most programs, you would just move the Tframe. In Daz, they make the Tframe for you, so you have to change the hip height. They should really just allow you to make the Tframe, cause when viewing the animation, you can not have the Tframe in the viewable section of the animations.

Like I said, the closer you bring yourself to the ground, the worst the size affect will be. When you throw in all the different size avatars, there is a wide range of possibilities. I don't see why LL doesn't fix this, cause it seems to only be a bad implementation of how height is calculated according to size. Firestorm has a workaround for the height issue, and LL should implement that. With animations in balls, every sit script has a position. You simply have to change the position in the sit script to change the height of the animation. Of course, again, because every avatar has a different height, you can't really be perfect with a pose ball, unless the most important spot is in the crotch.

Good Day and Happy SecondLife adventuring !!

Not too sure if this will help you in the conversion and understanding the offset in relation to different platforms, but here goes...BvHacker or Qavimator , toss your daz anim in one of these which is so close to "SL" animation format it makes me head spin, and take a peek at the height of the root bone. snag up any one of the sl default animations off the wiki and do a compairison, again as a former post stated in relation to avatar size n shape there is some further tweaking to do , but this can be done manually in a text editor on the .bvh itself for shear perfection if thats the goal.

Happy Animating !!!

• 3 months later...

hi, try this, pin both anckles and toe to prevent rotation/transform, then move the hip down and you will how the avatar sits, in the process may be the anckles or leg will may have a rotation but that wont bother you much to fix it.

once you have the desire pose, unpin the part that may have suffered unwanted change and fix it.

hope this hellp you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.