Auto Bot creation help

Arielle6768

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(I hope this is in the right forum!)

I am wanting to learn or find someone to guide me in making some animated bots for a theme I am starting to create. I am big into historical and sci-fi people and places. My goal is to have a half or full region in the near future for this to blossom. Having said THAT...I want to have animated people (bots) to "populate" the themed areas that I'll have.  The themes would be 15th to early 19th century European royal courts and Star Trek ........  The bots would be "background filler" doing general tasks and such (being a butler/chambermaid, following a royal as an attendant, walking along a corridor, etc).

Any ideas, suggestions would be welcomed....

Arielle

Wrong world to be doing this in.  LL forgot to add a proper hosted server side virtual character when wasting all the time they spent on pathfinding.

You can make characters that are made up of objects which are moved via script. 

Pathfinding implementation fail given that it was intended to allow non player characters, they forgot to add the "non player character" part *sighs*

Hello, check this page for example

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Second_Life_bot_software_comparison

This are bots you can rent. Create an Avatar the way you want, register as bot and setup. They can walk talk and do alot more tasks you couldn´t do with LSL.

There even is a free sourcecode to create your own bot-software, it is all done but you can edit/customize, to your needs. With this you would need an internet-server (bit like a DJ server) to run the software on. The server load is small because you don´t have the graphical interface. This bots can even be supplied with self learning chat features.

Monti

• Like 1

Yes, all that good stuff is the final piece of pathfinding that would have made bots useful.  You'd have thought LL would have had some spare server capacity with all the idling sims to be able to host some server side NPC's and even charge for them if they wished.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Yes, all that good stuff is the final piece of pathfinding that would have made bots useful.  You'd have thought LL would have had some spare server capacity with all the idling sims to be able to host some server side NPC's and even charge for them if they wished.

Or, LL could just create the structure for us to import objects with bones. Then, we could have perfectly working NPCs, with animations. With a little more effort, animated attachments. We can all dream tho.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.