Animating Mesh/ Mesh Deformers

C4th Clawtooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi guys. recently purchased a mesh avatar that has smooth jaw and blinking animations. and for the life of me I cant work out how its done.

full mesh avatar (not the SL base mesh)

facial animations/morphs controlled with in world animations ( as in uploaded animations)

Any ideas?

link below for the avatar in question
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Demoness-DEMO-SciLab/5249070

hi guys. recently purchased a mesh avatar that has smooth jaw and blinking animations. and for the life of me I cant work out how its done.

full mesh avatar (not the SL base mesh)

facial animations/morphs controlled with in world animations ( as in uploaded animations)

Any ideas?

link below for the avatar in question
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Demoness-DEMO-SciLab/5249070

• 7 months later...

I would like to know how you managed, because lately I've been trying to do the same and it was more than a bad trip. I tried max - nope, can't export BVH at all - and then tried blender, nope, the SL skeleton isn't actually the one you animate with. Oh there's an export script from 6 years ago. Nope, that one's broken. Also nope, you can't actually move the end bone for skull into position where the jaw joint should be at, either and drive its rotation from there.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm frustrated, since this is blocking me from releasing my work. So if you could give me pointers as to how you did it and how I can get a jaw set up myself, that'd be much appreciated. There is as good as zero documentation out there, but I've seen other people do it as well.

Hey Psistorm,

I use Blender with the Avastar add on. Avastar gives you the whole SL avatar with all of it's bones. I'm not sure if you can move the mskull bone, as I didn't move it, I just rigged the jaw to it, and it just happen to be in a position that didn't look bad unless I opened the jaw to extremes. Here is a video that I made about Avastar. It's not my best video but it shows kind of how I used Avastar to make my Lycan Avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.