AO sit animations making issue?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I can make sititng animations for furniture. I can make standing animations for AOs.

BUT -- (and I did search to no avail) I am having an issue uploading the sitting animations (for furniture) in a way that can be used in an AO.

If I preview the animation in the uploader window as a sit, the leg positions don't show up. If I preview and upload as "standing" it looks fine in the window and when played on its own, but when put in the AO as a SIT  the legs part doesn't work at all.

I am sure this is a simple thing, I just haven't ever tried making an AO before LOL.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Well unfortunately that isn't it :D.  I tried P3 and then P4 with the same issue. Here's the deal.

sitposestanding.png

If I upload normally (using the standing preview) it works fine as an animation for furniture. When I put it in the AO and try sitting on a non-scripted surface it looks like this which is clearly visible if you preview in SITTING mode.

sitanipreviewsitting.png

The leg animations aren't used at all; it takes the standard default legs I am guessing. Looks like it.

So it seems like I am missing something for AO rules when doing SITS. I uploaded ground sits and they worked just fine in the AO.

So any other ideas would help. Thanks.

EDIT: The same thing is happening with FLY. If I preview as FLY in the upload pane the legs animations aren't taken into account. I think I am going to abandon this project as this is not fun. But, I would still like to know the answer and it seems like others need to know too.

I think that feature to choose what kind of animation is not for what you are thinking. It is to automatically make any animation be whatever animation state you want. So, you could take a stand animation, and make it a sit animation, or a walk, or whatever. So, if you choose something different than the stand, then it changes your animation to use the defaults. Just upload your animation using the stand, and make sure it plays as it should.

Thanks but that is what I DID DO - LOL in the beginning. And it works fine when just played. When put in an AO it works as SHOWN in the "view as sit" preview (so no leg animations).

So to recap. I uploaded as I normally would do for a furniture animation with STAND and 3 (and later 4). They are fine for furniture and work great. The minute I put them in the AO they no longer work.

OK MORE TESTING:

I got things to work in Inworldz as expected. They would still not work on "another grid " which is where I needed them to work. So it is a GRID ISSUE.  I can't really test on the SL beta grid as I would need to build it ALL over again and I really don't want to do that, but having it work in IW (the sit target didn't match but that is fixable) shows me it is an issue with the other grid. Not the first one.

Glad to know it really wasn't me. Appreciate the help. WISH it would have been obvious it was the grid sooner :D.

Onward. And that means a DIFFERENT project as I am tired of this :D.

Thanks again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.