Honored Resident
Arko11

Privacy security

Is it possible to have secuirty set up so that people are not able to camera into a section of my land?  I do have security for the whole parcel that ejucts people - but they are still able to camera in and there are parts of my land that I would like to stop this from happing .....

Thanks

Arko11

Re: Privacy security

Reply to Arko11 - view message

Arko11 wrote:

Is it possible to have secuirty set up so that people are not able to camera into a section of my land?  I do have security for the whole parcel that ejucts people - but they are still able to camera in and there are parts of my land that I would like to stop this from happing .....

Thanks

Arko11

I am wondering that as well, Ive had quite a lot of peekers when I change. Makes me uncomfortable.

Sorry my DORKism is showing.
Perrie Juran

If it is a specific place you would need to create a parcel and enable privacy in the land settings.

So yes it can be done.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113

Just to add to Perrie's good answer, the setting referenced in the article he linked you to will only hide avatars, not objects.  There is no way to hide objects from someone camming in short of making them transparent to eveyone, including yourself.

Photobucket
Ceera Murakami
Topics: 9

[ Edited ]

A few other things to be aware of:

Parcel security is only effective to 50 M above the terrain surface for people not explicitly banned by name and only to 800 Meters if you do ban them by name. So a stranger you haven't banned before could still enter your parcel's air space at 51 M above the terrain, or a banned person at 801 M altitude, and look down at you from above, even if you turn on 'parcel privacy', since once they are in the same parcel, at any altitude, they can see you just fine.

To prevent that you would have to place security orbs in your airspace so the 96M radius scanning range of each orb overlapped enough to cover every possible altitude. Then set the orbs to ban intruders by name and eject them, based on the parcel settings. Make sure the security devices limit their activity to the parcel boundaries, and to give sufficient warning time to allow an innocent flyer to pass through unmollested.

Innula Zenovka

Reply to Ceera Murakami - view message

Ever since llGetAgentList was introduced, some months ago, security orbs haven't needed to worry about the scanning range (or the 16 avatar limit) of llSensor and llSensorRepeat.   llGetAgentList returns the uuids of up to 100 avatars, with options to scan the whole sim, the parcel on which the scanner is, or all parcels on the sim belonging to the parcel's owner.

Security scanners that still use llSensorRepeat need updating, to my mind.

Honored Resident
Arko11

Thanks I have passed the information on the the parcel owner for his consideration as I am not really sure that I understand the process.  Thanks for helping me out.

Arko11

Honored Resident
JJValero Writer

Disabling in your parcel "See and chat with residents on this parcel". Others avatars still be able to see inside of your building with the camera, but not be able to see avatars inside.

Before of that settings the trick was: Visitors must wear a HUD or will be teleported to home in a minute. The HUD take permissions of control camera and send warning if avatars enter the camera inside of a building.

Security tools will not be able to avoid other avatars zoom camera inside your property. Only can eject avatars if enter inside.

Honored Resident
Ina Fairport

Disable  "See and chat with residents on this parcel" in combination with an ORB works fine for me.

Privacy and security has always been difficult in SL. Only buying your own stand alone sim will give you a maximum of privacy.

Even some estate owners dont understand anything about the need for privacy. I just abandoned my land at one of the biggest naturist estates in SL. Orbs are not allowed there so I had unwanted visitors, most of the time nude males looking for sex. I assure you that is no fun...

Madeline Blackbart

Reply to Ina Fairport - view message

what you mean being followed around by someone repeating the word sex isn't fun? Ic ouldn't possibly know what you mean.

HI!