why doesn't my partner receive my request to partner officially?

MrCameronE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The Partner feature depends on several assumed things:

1) Your email address is correct as found on your Contact Information page - https://secondlife.com/my/account/contact.php?lang=en-US

2) Your "intended partner's" email address is correct as found on their Contact Information page - https://secondlife.com/my/account/contact.php?lang=en-US

3) Your "intended partner's" is successfully receiving emails from SL, IMs and other standard SecondLife sources.

4) Your proposal has been seen and dealt with within 10 days from the day you sent it.

5) Your  "intended partner's" email service is not placing mail from SL in the Junk mail folder...

6) Your  "intended partner's" account balance is not in arrears [meaning a negative balance.]

I just tested this feature with 2 of my ALTs and it is currently working correctly.

HOWEVER, What is very sad is that;

1) The proposal acknowledgment text on your Account Partner page  will not display the date that the proposal expires. just note that it is 10 days from now.

2) The actual proposal text that your "intended partner" sees on their Account Partner page will not show your avatar name. But if they got there from the link in the email message they can rest assured that they are partnering with you. 

Their email does correctly show that the proposal is from you.

So it is what it is..... These issues have been in the JIRA Queue for ......years.

• Like 2

Hi MrCameronE,

You're not the only one experiencing this problem. In addition to all the requirements mentioned by Ms. Lane, there have also been reports that special characters in the SL or RL biography sections of either person's profile can prevent a partnership. That said, a recent sufferer of this problem reported clean profiles for both people and accounts in good standing, yet no ability to partner.

If either of you is a premium member, I'd recommend hitting live chat to ask for help. And if you do find a solution to the problem, please lets us know!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.