Tried to delete my account... getting frustrated now

Kamilleah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I put in for an account to be deleted, it states this:

Your current status: Cancellation Pending Account goes on hold: Friday, 09-19-2014

I am wondering what is up with that? Why Pending?  I dont want my account on hold, I want it deleted!

So what gives? Any thoughts or help on this?  And how long is it going to take?

1. No, I do not own land or a Linden Home.

2. No, I did not owe LL any money for a premium membership fee or land tiers. It has been over 2 yrs i believe since I had land and then it was Linden Land, and I canceled my premium account within months after getting it which was over 2 yrs ago and no one has ever said a dime was owed in over 2 yrs!!! I don't owe LL anything, I have been on the phone with them already about other issues with banking.  I am SURE if I owed LL money THEY would have made it very important to collect THEIR money.

3. If you didn't own land or weren't a premium member, what date did you actually cancel the account?  I cancelled the account DAYS ago...and as it still hasn't been deleted.  Why does it have to be this hard to delete a account ??????

And no. my account does NOT have a negative balance. And NO, i never assigned teir to a group either. There is no reason this account has to NOT be deleted by now. I covered all basis before coming here in the self help section.

3 answers to this question

If you owned land or a Linden Home, you must abandon it before you can cancel your account.  This also happens if you owe LL any money for a premium membership fee or land tiers.

Even if you abandoned land for which you paid tier, you still owe a month because tier is billed in arrears and you are charged based on the amount of land you owned in the prior 30 days, even if it was only for a few seconds

If your membership fee fell due prior to your canceling your account and it wasn't paid, you still owe the fee.

You account in either case will be suspended until the debt is cleared.

If you didn't own land or weren't a premium member, what date did you actually cancel the account?

Please do not create a new post to add additional information. Edit your original post instead. You can edit your post to add additional information by logging in to the web site, going to the post you want to edit, then clicking "Options" at the top right of the post and choosing edit.

Any chance that your account balance is negative?  Sometimes that is caused by groups who charge fees to their members to cover tier.  Have you ever assigned tier to a group?  If so, I believe you also need to take that back, basically disallowing your tier to be assigned to the group.  Other than that, seems that only a call to LL will solve your issue.  Best of luck with it and your RL!

Afaik ! accounts are not deleted at the moment Lindens receive the inquiry. They are put on hold for ... then get deleted.

Alot of people, trust me aloooot, delete their account and then decide to want it back, with all money and inventory.

For that case they put it on hold for a while and if you login back that timer is reset. Just walk away and it´s gone, nothing you can do. Btw this is a common practice, online. 

Try to delete a FB account ;-))

If you want to protect yourself to login that account, for whatever personal reason, change the password to a total crazy one, don´t write it down and that´s it. Maybe change the email to one you won´t use or just made for abandonen/ignoring stuff.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.