Is it permissable to sell your sl account?

Noble Hird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

AFAIK no.

Use a account with false real data is against the TOS.

See TOS 3.1: "You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about  yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and  to use the account management tools provided to keep your Registration  Data accurate, current and complete." ... ... ... "You may not transfer or assign your Account and its contractual rights,  licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written  consent of Linden Lab.".

Hi Noble,

I agree with Irene. As posted, I suppose it MIGHT be possib'e to get permission from LL to do it. They certainly would take all inventory from the account to avoid any permissions conflict and the process would take some time to get done. Also, I'm pretty sure that they would require a fee to do this, probably in line with their account recovery which costs 9.95 USD.

All in all, by the time you gained permission and it got done, the potential buyer would be out the 9.95, plus your price which would easily dress an avi reasonably well. They could in the same amount of time, create a new alt, spend the cash on clothes and have a 2-3 month old alt.

Just my observations

Brynn

• Like 1

Shockwave Yareach wrote:

More important questions are why would you want to, and why would anyone want to buy your character in the first place?  Creating a new character is free.

If one owned a large estate containing many estate sims with a particular account, and sold all these estate regions to another buyer, one way to avoid the 100 USD transfer charge per region would be to simply hand over the credentials of their account to the new owner. I have seen evidence that this may have been done in the past, but I can not be sure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.