I need to close all my accounts

daddymatthew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello daddymatthew and welcome to SL Forums. To delete your account open your dashboard (log in http://secondlife.com/ ) --> Account on the left --> Cancel account. Log out and do it for all your accounts separately. I would suggest you to keep your accounts.  It costs nothing to maintain. If at some point in the future you should choose to revisit Second Life, your avatar and your inventory will be here waiting for you.

• Like 1

It seems you are premium on, at least, one account.  You can downgrade to basic which will cost you nothing (no matter how many basic accounts you have).  That's what I would suggest.  You'll still have the accounts for when real life stuff gets better and you won't lose anything except any mainland plots you own.......all your other inventory and linden dollars will remain with the accounts.  There is no limit on how long your account can remain inactive so you won't loose the accounts if you don't log in for a long period of time.  I would suggest you write down the user names and passwords and put them in a safe place that you will remember where they are.........it's easy to forget names and passwords after a long period of not using them.

You downgrade through your dashboard.  Account > Premium Membership.  Look near the bottom for changing your account to basic.

• Like 1

You can close your accounts...but Second Life is like the Hotel California:  You can check out, but you can never leave.  I have seen many, many people swear to leave SL, and in a week or a month or two, they are back again, and wailing with regret that they closed their accounts and lost all their stuff.

I suggest you downgrade any premium accounts to Basic, but leave it at that.  And keep your passwords in a safe place.  Your accounts will be waiting for you when/if you decide to come back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.