How do I get my Forum Settings fixed so that "Immediate Email Notification" setting is honored?

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two weeks ago (march 20th) - my Community Forums Setting of "immediate email notification for subscribed posts" bagan to be ignored.  Even though the setting has been honored and working in the forums for years and even though it is still set to immediate as of right now, the Forums system has switched this mode to Daily Summary.  I now do not receive any emails throughout the day and then LL blasts my email service between 5:30am - 7am SLT each day with all the emails it held back throughout the past 24 hours.  this is about 150 to 200 emails.

This problem is not because of my email provider since I do get emails from LL immediately from several other SL activities like IMs from friends, messages from inworld monitoring boxes/counters, and Marketplace sales transaction notifications.  So... it is not a matter of my email provider rejecting or hold back these emails from LL... LL is not sending them.  It clearly seems that for my account, the Forum's system has switch my mode to DAILY SUMMARY.

I have tried to toggle the mode to daily and weekly summary and then back... didnt work.

This problem is extremely frustrating as the 200 email blast from LL fills my mobile device and my email account with messages that I am normally able to manage throughout the day by reading them as they occur and deleting them.

I tried to open up a support ticket but LL support instantly posted back that free accounts are not entitled to get support for Forum system bugs (even ones they seemed to have created).  I will also create a JIRA but I suspect that will not be actioned.  If there are not resolutions from this ANSWERS forum... I will be forced to write a blog and message / tweet the blog to rodvik... maybe he has a way to provide support.

RESPONSE TO ANSWERS.....

Since the person asking the question cannot respond to this thread... I am putting my response here...

Thanks Lindal & Rolig.  I tried your advice Lidel and removed ALL my current subscriptions to Merchants and Mesh forums.  I delete all past subscriptions that were listed as active.  I even toggled to DAILY EMAIL SUMMARY / SAVED / then Returned to IMMEDIATE / SAVED.   None of it helped as I can see the Merchant threads are very active and I have not yet received any emails from these trheads.  I will likely get blasted tomorrow morning at about 5:30am from LL again.

I agree Rolig... this is a bug in the forum and one that needs to be reset by LL Forums Admins.  I will open a JIRA and I will also likely poke at Rodvik and the Twitter LL Support Tweet account.... see if I can get support this way?

What is so weird is that I have opened several LL Support tickets in the past as a free account and almost NEVER get any response from LL support even on the valid free account topics or a "sorry we cant help you" weeks or months later.  But for this ticket I opened yesterday (a Sunday), amazingly LL Support happily responded to my ticket within two hours on a weekend.... just to tell me I am not entitled to be supported for this problem.

<sigh>

2 answers to this question

Continued from previous thread...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Forum-Email-Notifications-Screwing-up-this-past-week/m-p/1454525/message-uid/1454525

This one can probably only be resolved by a JIRA unless you are willing to pay the $9.95 to upgrade to Premium for a month so that you have access to the full Support Ticket menu.   I have never been a Premium member myself in 5 years, but if I had this problem, it might be worth it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.