Banned?!

kayegoesrawr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just banned for doing nothing... I don't think I did anything... Right before I got the message I was in a sandbox and a ton of boxes popped up surrounding me like I was hacked or something, then i escaped and TP'd into another sandbox, Firestorm froze and it said I was banned for xxx minutes... what do I do? I'm like 6 months old here and need help. I feel like I was hacked. 

3 answers to this question

1) IF YOU WERE LOGGED IN THEN YOUR ACCOUNT WAS NOT "HACKED"!

2) Did you attach something to yourself that was new of from a questionable source?

3) The sandbox monitor clearly banned you while your "boxes" were spilling out.

4) Login to a sandbox and immediately remove all objects attached to you.

• Like 1

Contrary to KarenMichelle, I don't think you were banned at all.

First, you were attacked with a griefing tool that rezzes tons of objects.  Most likely the objects included corrupt textures which crashed your graphics card, or your viewer simply froze and then dumped you to the desktop.

When you crash hard like this, it can take a while for the SL servers to log you out.  You probably tried to log in again right away, and got the message "the system is logging you out and will not be available until XX:XX" 

This is not a ban, merely a temporary technical difficulty.

BUT:  If you got a message that you were banned FROM A CERTAIN REGION (the sandbox), then the sandbox owner or manager banned you, but only from that particular region.  You can speak to the owner and try to explain what happened, but they are not obliged to lift the ban.  Fortunately, there are lots of other sandboxes.

HOWEVER:  If you actually saw a message that you were BANNED FROM SECOND LIFE for a period, then someone, probably the sandbox owner or people who saw you and thought you were the griefer and not the victim, may have submitted an Abuse Report on you.  If this was the case, you would normally not be banned for a first offense, though, and you would definitely receive an email from Linden Lab telling you about the ban.  If that is the case, then you can submit a Support Case to appeal the ban.  However, I would not bother, since the ban was for only a short period.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.