Account Locked

rachael Jinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My rl husband has had his account locked, He signed out we went out for food came back and it said to call a number. So he called the number the guy on the phone couldnt help so he told him to submit a ticket. He submitted a ticket and the responce said becasue he isnt a "PREMIUM! account holder they couldnt do anything for him, they couldnt even explain why.

Me and my husband design and make things to sell on xstreet, the ban his account but carry on selling the thing we made and take the funds. is this fair??? no!!!

Can someone give me answers please I am about to loose it and call a lawyer.

We have spent hundreds of $ on this game and its not right to close a account without at least a warning

from rachael jinx

4 answers to this question

Your husband needs to submit a guest/basic account ticket.  There is one specifically for this problem.  I will paste some references that shoud help.  Also if he has trouble submitting a basic/guest account ticket for this, have him read my post here that has screen shots of what to do.

http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/188124#188124

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F

Has your account has been put on hold? Do you not know why? Wondering  what to do next? This article helps you find the answers to these  questions.

Why was my account put on hold?

• Someone may have phished or stolen your account.
  • One or more of your transactions may involve fraudulent  Linden dollars. You should be aware that there are other exchanges  for L$ that are not affiliated with Linden Lab in any way. We have no  control over these exchanges and are not responsible for their  activities.
  • Delinquent account or Terms of  Service violations. Account delinquency or violations of the  Terms of Service may also cause cause us to hold your account. To  correct this, contact billing or support.

What are the next steps?

1. Log into the Support Portal.
  2. Click the New Ticket Submission link.
64px-KBnote.png Note: If you're unable to log into the Support Portal  as usual, log in as a Guest Account and use the Ticket Type for  Basic/Guest accounts as shown below.

Basic Accounts

If you're on a Basic Account:

1. You'll see a page explaining the ticket types. Scroll to the  bottom and click Click here to submit a ticket.
  2. On the "Submit a Ticket" page, choose the dropdowns in this  order: 
    • Ticket Type: Special Questions - Basic account or Guest  Login
    • Basic or Guest Access - only a few ticket types allowed:  Account issues
    • Basic Account issues: The system says my account is  Disabled or Suspended
  3. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  4. Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket.
  5. You'll receive an email containing your ticket information.

Premium and Concierge Accounts

If you're on a Premium or Concierge Account:

1. On the "Submit a Ticket" page, choose the dropdowns in this  order: 
    • Ticket Type: Technical Issue
    • Technical issue: I can't log in
    • Crash/Error: Error message: account is disabled or  suspended
    • Disabled Issues: Choose the one you believe to be most  appropriate.
  2. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  3. Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket.
  4. You'll receive an email containing your ticket information.

What happens next?

Linden Lab will investigate the events that led to placing your  account on hold. Once we have concluded the investigation, we will send  you an email explaining our conclusion and explaining the action that  will be taken with respect to your account. As a reminder, all  transactions involving L$ are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

My account has been unfairly or incorrectly  suspended or permanently closed by Linden Lab — how can I appeal this  decision?

Linden Lab takes violations of the Second Life Terms of Service and  Community Standards very seriously. The decision to apply a suspension  or permanent closure for your Second Life account(s) is reached after  investigation of your use of the Second Life software and service.  Residents are not allowed to participate in the Second Life virtual  world if their accounts have been suspended or disabled for violations  of our Terms of Service.

However, if you can maintain in good faith that the violations  were not due to your actions or negligence, or the actions or negligence  of others working for you, you may appeal the suspension or closure of  your account(s) in writing to the address below. Please provide any  relevant information that you believe would explain the violations we  detected. Linden Lab reserves sole discretion in considering whether to  take any action on a written appeal. If you would like to appeal your  warning or suspension, you may contact Second Life Support, in writing,  at the address below:

Second Life Support, Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Or by fax: 415-651-9221

We also accept appeals filed electronically using the ticket  submission process described above.

64px-KBtip.png Tip: At the time of this writing, responses to  electronically filed appeals usually take between 48-72 hours. We cannot  guarantee this time frame, but we will do our best to send you a  response as soon as we can.

My husband says thankyou so much for the quick response.

fingers crossed that they let him have his account back.

I dont think they realize how much peoples accounts mean to them.

The loose friends money and everything.

me and my husband met on second life I lived in the u.k and he lived in the u.s, march this year I moved over to be with him rl and we got married 12th april this year x

so second life means alot to us xx

thankyou again love rachael x

I actually had a similiar thing occur just saturday. I was fine at midnight on friday. Went to log in at 6 am and my account was suspended .

I called the 800- number on the page. The gentleman that answerd verified some information and read through some linden activity. After 20 minutes of silence while he read he came back . His simple answer was . There appeard to be no reason for it . That someone and I am making a direct quote " Someone thought they saw something .. However I a not seeing anything suspicious I am releasing your account " . Now mind you this is a free account .

I asked for more information as to what may have triggerd this suspect activity. I was told that I couldnt be told why. That it would reveal to much of what goes on behind the scenes . My account was reinstated at once . Still it was the strangest experiance I have ever had with Linden Labs .. It felt very creepy and very fraudulent . the not wanting to reveal why my account had been suspended part still bugs me a bit .

Aden Ellsmere wrote:

I actually had a similiar thing occur just saturday. I was fine at midnight on friday. Went to log in at 6 am and my account was suspended .

I called the 800- number on the page. The gentleman that answerd verified some information and read through some linden activity. After 20 minutes of silence while he read he came back . His simple answer was . There appeard to be no reason for it . That someone and I am making a direct quote " Someone thought they saw something .. However I a not seeing anything suspicious I am releasing your account " . Now mind you this is a free account .

I asked for more information as to what may have triggerd this suspect activity. I was told that I couldnt be told why. That it would reveal to much of what goes on behind the scenes . My account was reinstated at once . Still it was the strangest experiance I have ever had with Linden Labs .. It felt very creepy and very fraudulent . the not wanting to reveal why my account had been suspended part still bugs me a bit .

Given the fact that most people are waiting weeks to get issues resolved, you should count your blessings that someone was willing to do the research and re-activate your account so quickly.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.