50% off premium account upgrades???

Frigga Inventor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i got this email today from secondlife now i know i just get updates from groups and my sales and what not but being as tho all this hubub about greifers copybotters and just overall theift of accounts and creations im being a bit more hesitent to even opening anything from different sorces just asking the community if anyone else recived a email saying that premium membership was 50% off but then asks you to add "no-reply@em.secondlife.com" im no dummy aint gonna add anyone to my email listings that i dont know of my question is legit or not? i could be wrong but something doesnt sound right with that

3 answers to this question

As KarenMichelle says, it's a legitimate offer from Second Life.  But if you are considering it, be sure to read the fine print.  The discount only applies if you sign up for the quarterly plan (not monthly or annually).  And it is only good for that first quarter.  You actually save a bit more if you just take the annual plan.

Hi Frigga.

I received the same email and found it to be rather decpetive to get people to signup for premium service.  I posted about it HERE and there have been many comments on it as well that may clarify it for you some more.

The main advertisement in large print says , "11.25 PER QUARTER." But that only applies the discount to the FIRST QUARTER (NOT PER QUARTER as it states),  I find this misleading... Only in the "fine print," with the "† " does it state that the discount only applies to the FIRST QUARTER. 

You could take the initial Quarterly premium payment at the discount of USD 11.25 for only one quarter and THEN go to annual at USD 72, which makes more sense as being the best option.

Ceka Cianci responded that you can change your payment length at any time... if you get the deal for the 50% quarterly and then a day later decided you wanted to pay annual.. you can always switch..but it will always be after the arrangment made previously. Just as if you were to drop from premium to basic, it would start as soon as the period you paid for finishes..

1. you would have the 50% off quarter run
  2. then your annual would pick up after that was over (a total of 15 months; the annual would pick upafter the 1st quarter was finished
  3. or you could drop to monthly..

Zeb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.