someone said (shouted) something in a foreign language in chat and it showed me saying it.

Berta Smythe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to fill out a report but had to submit a name (there were 6 avs in the area) but did not know who did it as it was "me" who said it ... I"ve never had this happen before ... do I need to be concerned about idenity theft, etc.?

Thanks for your answer (re translator repeating) and that makes sense had I said something . ..  however I didn't say anything and the avs in the area were way beyond normal speaking range . . . I'll see if I can find a copy of what was said, maybe there's a clue in there ...

2 answers to this question

Many translators can be set to echo whatever was said after translating, so if you say "Good bye!" and a nearby translator is set to German, everyone will see "Berta Smythe: Auf Wiedersehen!" in addition to your "Good bye!".  This can be a bit confusing, especially if somone in the crowd has a translator that's using a language you don't know.   You may see, "Berta Smythe: Kāda skaista cepure!" and have no idea that some Latvian speaker just heard you say "What a beautiful hat!"

• Like 3

hi

nxet time click on the name, in that case you need to click on your name

and the real person that made the sentence, there profile will appear.

on help help island i have reported so call helper for doing that to people and told lindens how it, is being done.

but nothing gets done

but next time you will know who it is that grifing you

and you can block them and tell people who it is.

enjoy your game

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.