someone returned my stuff to me from my own land, withouy any rights to do so.

Douglas Yachvili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A female avi has returned many of my objects from 3 of my parcels. She is not on my friends list and has no permissions or rights to edit objects or land. How is that possible and what do I do to stop it?

I forgot to mention, it's on mainland.

-- Do you pay tier for this land direct to LL or to a landlord?  My land outright

-- Is the land in your name or is it deeded to a landgroup? My name only as are all of the objects on my land, no groups involved.

-- Are you certain that the objects didn't extend into another parcel --  (quite possible to do by accident, at least with large objects)? I've checked that very closely and no they aren't.

At the risk of sounding rude, I guess I should expand on me, I'm over 1700 days old and fairly well experiened at editing, groups, and land deeding and soforth. It's not the run of the mill simple answers I am looking for, what's happening here is, for lack of a reasonable explanation, SL illegal. I do appreciate all input, thank you.

UPDATE, I put the stuff back and she returned some again, and to reiterate, they are not over the line on her land.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Is that "my own land" land on a private estate or is it land that is on mainland.  It makes a difference since, if it's on private estate land, the owner of the estate (or any of their disignatated representatives) can return items/objects to the owner of the items/objects....for any reason and without you authorizing them in any way.  The estate owner has 100% control over his/her land and everything on it.

Contact the estate owner.

• Like 1

Three questions, just to clarify

-- Do you pay tier for this land direct to LL or to a landlord?

-- Is the land in your name or is it deeded to a landgroup?

-- Are you certain that the objects didn't extend into another parcel --  (quite possible to do by accident, at least with large objects)?

Hi

I just thought you should know this isn't an isolated incident. I have just experienced the same thing - avatars doing things on Lindens should be able to do and returning my stuff to me from my own land. Full report here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Abuse-and-Griefing/An-avatar-has-done-the-supposed-impossible-returned-my-objects/qaq-p/1583517

Just to add to this, I replied to Frankie that one thing to check is whether any one individual prim in a linked set is put in "share" which can make the entire build or house or whatever returnable.

I haven't seen this particular exploit, but here are the ones I'm seeing now:

o griefer can rapidly rez prims and force owner's prims back into inventory (i.e. the griefer is not returning the prims, but pushing his own prims on the server, and forcing prims already there back into inventory -- this is an old bug I thought was fixed but may be back again)

o griefer can rez prims on land that has "no build, no group build, no object entury, no group object entry"

o griefer can rez prims on land from which he is banned

o griefer can rez prims on land closed entirely to public or even group access

o typing the griefer's name into the ban list doesn't work to prevent his rezzing of prims or returning to the land

o using eject/ban on the spot seems to work, however

In my case, the griefers enter an open group and obtain just the basic "tenant" status that does not have rights to remove or add to the band list, so they are overriding group rules as they are supposed to be set.

I'm not going to close my group, however, as I see that they can go on griefing given their ability to override the group settings and they can always stand on Linden roads or Linden land and grief from there.

Are you sure that the rezzed objects were not physical?

Are the rezzed objects scripted and are you sure the scripts don't contain a move/die option?

Are you sure that you've disabled 'edit terrain' for everyone but yourself?  (someone may have raised the land and caused your objects to auto-return)?

Are you sure the rezzed objects aren't content that your neighbor could Abuse Report and have returned for violation of the ToS/CS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.