onduty spam - continues even after object is removed and deleted how to stop it?

Caoilte Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I made the mistake of putting on an ONDUTY **bleep** and immediately started getting spammed, on channel 2. I removed it, and deleted it and the spam continues unabated. I relogged and it continues, I deleted the SL folder in appdata and it didnt help. I uninstalled and reinstalled SL viewer and it didnt help, It has somehow attached to my avatar. I checked in "worn items" and even searched for it and it doesnt exist in my inventory, I did a character test and it still continues. I was on a sim where I dont have rezz rights and thats where it started. Nothing I do stops it, I checked my avatar over and over and have removed ALL attachments and scripts that I can find, and it continues.

HELP

6 answers to this question

Hi Caolite,

The thing is either still attached to you, or rezzed on the sim where you are. If you TP away and the spam continues, you're wearing it. Search inventory for "(worn" and remove anything that shouldn't be there. If TPing away stops the spam, the thing is on the sim. Go to Build->Pathfinding->Linksets and click the top of the owner column. Look for any objects that list you as the owner and again, remove anything that shouldn't be there.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I should have mentioned it was on my alt account.
I have removed everything, checked worn items. It started on a sim where I dont have rezz rights, and has followed me wherever I go. It only does it on my alt account, and not on any others, so it has somehow attached itself to that account, almost like it was hacked or something.

Going back to your first post, I missed that you said you're being spammed on channel 2. You can only hear chat on channel 2 if you are wearing something that relays that to you. Only channel 0 is visible in chat windows. So, if you are getting channel 2 spam, you're wearing a HUD that's relaying it. Take that off or reconfigure it to relay whatever channel you really wish to monitor. Many sex sims have lots of spam traffic on channel 2, caused by others wearing ONDUTY attachments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.