how do I complain about a defective item. We have put a lot of money into the Grow system.

SparkleMoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Family have spent a lot of money on a Grow Product and it was all defective.  We went to the owners and asked for help.  They told us that we needed to go through steps and so we did as asked.  Then they went through the steps they told us each one as they told us and it still did not work.  They then told us to put a notecard in the CSR box and it would be answered with in 24 hours.  Two days passed so we put another in notecard in again. 72 hours later we still have not had it fixed.  We then put in another notecard  and a few hours later we went to the store to talk to them person to person with documentations of each notecard and each conversation. Again we where told that it would be handled tonight.  This has become very frustrating since we have waited and waited for help with these issues.  I will say some of the issues where fixed but after the second notcard one of the key items needed to make this system work was taken off line till the third notecard, and a converstation with a very nice CSR the only one who really give us any help.  Then the helper had to be picked up and re rezzed again to work.  We still had about 1200 l worth of items not working and we where told we needed to buy new ones and more food.  My main issues is why should we buy more when what we have is not working right.  I mean really that makes no since at all.  Why not fix the broken stuff that we already paid for.  As we where voicing our anger and disapointment at not being helped we where ejected and banned from there shop and also from the group.  So we spent 5k plus on stuff that does not work and we cant use now anyhow.  How can anyone get away with this.  I would like to one see if anyone else has run across this issue with the grow product and can anything be done to get the help we need or to get our lindens back.  Thank you.

The one answer is something we thought of to so we did a check at another sim and even tried at the Grow Store and the animals still did not work.  We have tried and tired to work this out.  I guess it is as they say buyer beware.  I just hope that other see the issue and look really hard at the product and talk to others before investing as much as we did.

2 answers to this question

There is not much you can do.  Normally, the way to resolve an issue like this is to have a patient conversation with the merchant.  Unfortunately, it sounds as if that option is no longer open, since you lost your temper and were banned from the shop and group. You can try submitting an Abuse Report, but Linden Lab will almost certainly refuse to become involved in a dispute between residents, since there is no TOS violation (see TOS, Sect 6).  This is a resident-to-resident Answers site, and none of us have any power to intervene either.  We're all SL residents, like you. 

• Like 1

I am not at all familiar with this particular product/system, but as an outsider looking in, it does seem a big shame that your frustration at appearing to have a defective product has caused the people in charge of the Grow system to fall out with you and eject you from their group too. 

By speaking out here on the forums there may well be people who read about your plight that are happy (or unhappy) customers of the same system, and they will contact you inworld no doubt.

Sometimes though, it isn't a product that is defective. In Second Life, sometimes there may be an issue within a particular sim - something that can cause something else to not function correctly. You may have been a victim of this. I do not like to make random suggestions that are not helpful, BUT if there was a problem within the sim that could cause a product to not function as it should, buying replacements, and more food for these replacements, would obviously not fix the problem.

In your shoes I would back away for 24 hours, go and do something else, and try very hard to put this out of your mind so that you are more able to look at the situation objectively. 

And then, I would write a notecard of apology to the person who has been the most helpful to you regarding the seemingly defective product, and see if you cannot start afresh.  Being angry and losing patience - either as a customer or as a seller - is never constructive, and just leads to unhappiness and further frustrations.

Take that time-out. SL can be very intense at times. Mini-breaks are essential to put things back into perspective again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.