chat abuse, frozen can't move to find the origin and block, HELP

Maggie Larimore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's 6:22pm SLT, Monday 10/20/2014

Somebody is monopolizing my chat with verbal abuse, a continually changing original number but the script starts out "Nebula says". I'm frozen and can't find the origin. I'm going to go in with my husband's avatar and see if I can find something, but my avatar is just dead in the water whether I use the SL viewer or Firestorm, with this never ending flow of chat. Can anybody help? I'm at the Chilbo Education Village Gateway on the Mainland, just under the banner, just south of Route 9. I can't even make a landmark or file an inworld abuse report. Any help would be appreciated. Maggie Larimore

7 answers to this question

I visited Maggie in-world, and she was able to block the owner of one of the messages. It looks like there may be more than one spammer thing, or there's something rezzing them, as Maggie was getting messages from multiple objects, perhaps from multiple owners. Hopefully she can dispatch them all with just a few right-clicks, and then AR the owners.

If anyone's got a faster way to deal with something like this, chime in!

• Like 2

Hi

click on the words ( Nebula says ) for the profile of the grifer, then Tp away and AR the avatar.

if you can not Tp away, remember to block the Avatar before doing the AR.

if still unable to Tp to report the avatar, write down the name, and log off, then restart the viewer from there you can change to a new sim to log into, try pooley, that's my home base.

click on the words in the viewer, log to my last location and change it to a place you know.

once at a safe sim, top of the viewer there are menus find the report one and AR the avatar that way.

hope that help you.

good luck

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.