What can i do if the seller doesn't refund my money?

Heathcliff Harbrough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

I am thinking that the Failure to Deliver choice in an abuse report (mentioned the the thread posted by Valerie) wouldn't be considered valid as of course their was a delivery.  Better might be a support case for the Marketplace IF you bought it there. There was a post very close to yours today with a vendor having an item removed because it wasn't as listed.  If you bought it in world, you might want to look and see if the same "misrepresented item" is on the Marketplace.

Also if you bought it on the marketplace you could put in a review of the item detailing what doesn't work. That would most likely at least make you feel better and perhaps helps some other folks along the way.

Getting your money back may not be an option though.  I really don't hear about that happening unless the merchant sends it back voluntarily which usually is only in the case of a transfer item which can be returned.

Sellers are not required to refund your money.  Most will do so if the item is No Copy and you can return it to them, but even then they aren't required to give you a refund.  When dealing with sellers, it's important to keep your temper and be polite.  An annoyed seller is much less likely to feel helpful toward you!

Many times when an item seems not to work, it's because the buyer does not understand how to operate it or what it is supposed to do.  If you IM me in world, I'll be happy to have a look at the item and any instructions that came with it, or go to the seller's store and see if a second person looking at it can resolve your questions.

I don't totally agree with your answer. This will mean anyone can sell services or products, the freedom to put fake or bad products online.

This involves two parties, the seller and the buyer. Services or products that are sold via the Internet falls under "distance selling". Anyway, Second Life, Market Place or LL belongs under that category. If the product does not function as the seller advertises the seller is obliged to take responsibility(Fixing it or try to give an alternative product). If the seller fails or refuses to cooperate than the seller is in "Notice of default ". The seller is required to refund. The buyer can't enjoy the product. If nothing happens, then it is logical that the understanding goes to the buyer who has the right to be angry. Because it is a scam.

I do not understand why you defend the seller.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.