Recently I had an avatar telling me to "push" her. Is she trying to hack into my account?

Kayly Iali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why does she want me to "push" her? At first our conversation was about my artwork. Then she started to make some suggestive comments and that's when she told me to "push" her.

Also wanted to note that when IMing her, her typing gave me the impression she was not from the states...when I asked she says she's from the midwest. She believes to some well-known art groups and had been on SL for 5 years but yet she came across as a newbie. Does anyone know her? and is this really her?

Could the "push" be a way to get hacked?

Would love to hear about anyone who had this experience or similar.

Kayly Iali

P.S. I had talked to another avatar, manager of a major gallery, who suspect that this avatar account has been hacked into. The profile did not fit with the conversation that I had with her....So besides the "push", is this avatar account might be hacked?

3 answers to this question

Kayly,

First of all, please edit your post and remove the name of this other person from your post. It wouldn't due to have you punished for a violation of the TOS.

Next, if your artwork is on your property, then you are well within your rights as a land owner to simply eject and ban others who annoy or confuse you. Of course this should be done judiciously as you do want others to see your artwork.

If your artwork is in a Public Gallery, just let the facility manager know of the unusual request by this individual.

In any case, you are under no obligation to grant her bizarre request.

I'm not aware of any way a push can be used to "hack" your account. Someone could in theory complain about you if you attempt to push them but that is a pretty petty complaint. I doubt Linden Lab would ever act on a single "push" A.R. complaint. Being pushed happens all the time when people are arriving into venues or are in a crowded place.

P.S. Maybe she is like one of those pet squeaky toys and makes a cute sound when you push her....I've seen stranger mating rituals in SL - :P

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.