Query abouy Muting and Blocking

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

PART TWO: MUTING & BLOCKING SOMEONE ----CONTINUED RE: SL PROFILE FEED (AND 'FOLLOW' OPTION??) If I have muted/blocked someone - can they still see my profile and feed? AND are they able to post comments on my SL profile feed? PLUS I see I can now "FOLLOW" someone (as new option on sl profile)...so if i click that and 'follow' someone - then does that person know I have chosen to do that?? and do i know if someone is following me???? sheesh :) thanx :P ---------------------------------------- PART ONE:

sooooo if  i mute someone or something - does that mean that they are automatically  'blocked'? and wat duz that mean exactly??

if i contact them does that remove the block/mute??

how do i find and access my block list when i'm using SL2  viewer??

thanx muchly :)

6 answers to this question

Open the People > NEARBY panel in the sidebar. A small red icon appears next to the name of anyone you have blocked. 

If you IM with, Pay Linden dollars to, or give inventory to someone you muted, that person is automatically unblocked. Chat history informs you of what's happened.

• Like 1

lolalab69 wrote:

sooooo if  i mute someone or something - does that mean that they are automatically  'blocked'? and wat duz that mean exactly?? 

Yes, and it means you won't recieve IM, local chat, group chat, voice calls, group voice or spatial voice chat from that resident, money will be automatically refused and inventory offers go directly to Trash.  You might want to check the SL manual for Mute, I wrote most of that page.

lolalab69 wrote:

if i contact them does that remove the block/mute??

If you send them an IM, they will automatically be unmuted.  On Agni and Aditi (the main and public beta grids) as well as most OpenSimulator based grids, you will receive an IM from the grid server informing you they've been unmuted.

lolalab69 wrote:

how do i find and access my block list when i'm using SL2  viewer??

I'm not 100% sure on this, since I don't regularly use SL2, but I believe you can find the Mute List under View.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.