My boyfriend and I were banned from Marigold for no reason?

GuardianAnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We have been fishing in there and I really enjoyed the time there, I haven't done anything wrong to my knowledge, we're pretty quiet and just chat to each other privately over skype and got banned without explanation and neither of us have been able to teleport there for a couple weeks now. 

I don't know how to contact the admin in order to get set straight. This just seems unfair and we can't join in on the fishing events or even join our friend when she is in there.

6 answers to this question

A landowner doesn't neeed a reason to ban someone, and doesn't need to explain to anyone either.  It could be as simple as not liking red hair or being miffed because you wore the same shoes she did.  Its unlikely that you'll change her mind, so the best move is to look for a new fishing hole.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, GuardianAnu

Marigold sim has some hard and fast rules about where you can and can't go, so unfortunately, you may have strayed into an area that has a signpost that says if you trespass you will be automatically ejected and banned.  Also, if they suspect you, or your boyfriend are alts, they will ban you (it says on the land details - and your profiles look so similar, they could easily assume you are two versions of the same people).

Now unfortunately, this may seem very unfair, but people can and do often ban for no reason at all, or for a very good reason. 

There are many other places inworld where you can enjoy fishing events, and meet your friend elsewhere too. 

• Like 1

Interesting you mention alt. We were in a sandbox together when someone said something like "You guys are pretty alt, aren't you" and my boyfriend noticed that comment. I just looked up alt for second life, I still don't understand how two people hanging out together could be considered alts. You mention our profiles looking the same? He registered just before I did, if that is what you mean.

ETA: 
It's been taking a while for both of us to get the hang of using SL, it's the most complicated thing I have used online. I've never been on a sim before since I didn't think it would be my thing, so this is new to me. I often have the chat pop ups muted since they get in the way of my gameplay and if someone was talking to me I probably missed it.

There have been a lot of really kind folks on this site who have been very helpful and understanding of our newbie status. This took us by surprise.

ETA just confirmed with the boyfriend, I got banned first, a day later he did. 

Over time it may become clearer why some people are a bit peculiar about alts. Some people just think its clever/funny to be able to spot alts - they might even have their own trust issues, where they think an ex is creating an alt to spy on them! Don't be too concerned though, just you be you and enjoy your Second Life. It just so happens you have got together with someone "born" on the same day, and you happen to have similar interests.

Some jolly fabulous places can be found on the Destination Guide - fishing included - you might want to check them out.

http://secondlife.com/destinations?lang=en-US

You will no doubt meet some fabulous people too, at some of these locations, and click on profile picks, teleport to other people's favourite places, see if they become yours too.

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years.

We're long distance and we utilize the internet so we both have something we can do together. We decided on SL for something new.

The similar interests thing is probably because I got the hang of figuring out where to get clothes, etc, because a couple of really nice people saw I was struggling, walking around with nothing on and gawking about like an idiot trying to pick out freebies but not knowing how to use them. Then I taught my boyfriend how. Every time you enter a new sim you have to click on something and I guess those got added to the lists.

Anyways, thanks for your help. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.