Is it against the TOS to be banned from a public sim without provocation?

poesraven72

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I found out through a mutal friend that I was banned from a sim I hadnt been to before.  I hadnt planned on going but I know who it was and it was do to an arguement I had with his partner not even taking place on that sim.  I found out that I was not the only one that was banned for no reason.  Obviously I dont want to go there but I find it upsetting to be banned for no reason at all and had never been. 

This same person also made sure I was banned from one other sim I had only been at once to see a mutal friend.  I walked in and said hi to her in im then was immediatly ejected and banned.  They are both public sims.  If I dont cause issue when I go why ban?

Its upsetting just for the principle I have done nothing wrong to deserve this and its because of someone spite.

Thank you

4 answers to this question

A landowner doesn't need any reason to eject you or ban you.  He doesn't have to give you a warning or an explanation, and doesn't have to listen to your excuses or your requests to come back either.  A landowner makes the rules on his own land.  Period.  See the TOS (Sect. 4.8): "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you. "

BTW, there is no such thing as a "public sim."  All land is owned by somebody --- either Linden Lab or a private individual or group --- and the landowner always has full authority over who is allowed to be there.

• Like 1

Thank you for your assistance though I will say something. I never went to the one ... never even asked why I was banned. I was following up on something I heard and wanted to find out if it was fact. No excuses...no requests to come back as the one I had never been to. But thank you for responding. It is apprecaited

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.