I was logged out and given a bizarre error that contained profanities. Can a script cause this?

Mikeyoshi Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I feel like someone may have abused the script system in a way that it caused another avatar to log out. I'm not sure if this is possible, but judging from the error I received, it might be. I uploaded a snapshot onto Puush, it's not for young eyes for certain. http://puu.sh/Y8NK

Yes, I was really logged out at this point. I had to restart Second Life.

This took place at the Morris/Bonafacio/Ahern infohub.

4 answers to this question

I am a little bit lost for words... is that for real?

You should log back in (to a quieter location ) and submit an abuse report - let LL look into it.  Use Governor Linden as name of abuser, have that screenshot, or a link to it, up on your screen when you submit AR.

• Like 1

Yup, anyone who has been in SL for very long knows to avoid the Ahern hub.  That's been a favorite of griefers for as long as I have been in SL.  Your best move is to find a different place to log in and call home. If you had the presence of mind to get the name of the person who did this, you could file an Abuse Report.  The griefers who hang out at places like Ahern know that most of their victims will be newbies who don't know how to file an AR, though, so they are tough to police.

For your own future reference, take a look at this article >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

I suspect it was a gag item.  You were probably NOT actually logged out, but something attached to you that covered your vision (certain sit pose scripts can put you in Mouselook) and plastered this sign over your field of view.

Ahern...a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.