How do I get rid of this person?

Waisting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A couple of months back this person kindly reached out to me through a group of mine. Long story short we became well aquainted and even started meeting up every once in a while just to hang out. Now, as if out of no where, he began to get somewhat sexually suggestive requesting things that were no longer in the topic of the group. Now he request a large majority of my time every day, and if I say that I'm busy, I have to come up with a good excuse like "I'm cleaning" or something. Now, I usually just go offline when he's online and wait  until he leaves. Yesterday he gave me lindens asking me to purchase an avi with a larger rear end, I gave him the linden back and went offline. Today however when I logged on this morning, I saw that I randomly had L$1,000. Not knowing where it came from, I checked my transaction history and notifications, nothing. So assuming it was from one of my sidejobs or just a random payment someone decided to make out of the kindness of their heart, I went ahead and spent a good majority of it. He wasn't online so I couldn't ask him if he was the one who sent it, but I would've liked it if he would've at least told me he was sending something or perhaps left an IM as it was given to me while I was offline because I can't pay him back right now or any time soon....Any who I talked with a friend and she suggested just blocking him, I'd rather not do that because I'm afraid he'll just make another account and bother me again or try to access my account or something. Another suggested making another account and just abandoning that one. I would do that but I've spent so much money on that one, but that might be my only option right now...Any suggestions? And I know this isn't really an important question but it is something that has had me a bit concerned for a while....

UPDATE: I sent him a kind IM. Now he's saying that the account is apparently not his and that the "owner" needs his lindens paid back to him soon which makes absolutely no sense, so I think I'm just going to block him...

2 answers to this question

Dear Waisting,

Unwanted attention can be very annoying.

Additionally, no one can send you an undocumented L$1000. It will always have an origin in your Transaction History. Don;t assume it was this person who sent it to you. If you checked your Transaction History after the 32 day retention history then just accept the lindens as yours.

The first and best way of ending a friendship/relationship [and the 2 of you do have a relationship] is to simply be direct and have a heart to heart IM. After this you might terminate the friendship and go your separate ways.

If that fails to end the relationship then you may certainly Block this person but that only removes the immediate contact options and turns them invisible to you.

Since no doubt you both hang out in similar places, if they don't accept your request to end the relationship you are left with the following avoidance options. 

1) Simply ignore this person wherever and whenever you encounter them.

2) Start hanging out elsewhere.

3) Leave groups you are both in since they can always see your online status by looking in the group member list.

4) Ban & Block this person from your own parcel(s) and view.

5) Since you know this person well, just keep you guard up when meeting new friends since people can rarely maintain a convincing ALTernate existence without repeating some tell tale speech/chat patterns.  

6) Hide your groups in your profile for a bit until this person is no longer contacting you.

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions as well.

• Like 3

Waisting wrote:

UPDATE: I sent him a kind IM. Now he's saying that the account is apparently not his and that the "owner" needs his lindens paid back to him soon which makes absolutely no sense, so I think I'm just going to block him...

Oh my, this is a desperate scammer as well. Yeah it's time to make him disappear from your Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.