How can I get help if a chung is committing fraud and banning me if I can't call LL's?

Cheeky Shenanigans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So me and my friends have been banned from not one but two sims that belongs to a Chung, and I tried calling linden labs, because I can't enter that sim on an alt, it's acting like the sim is closed or private access when I try to go there on an alt, while my main account gets the pop up that it's banned. My account and my friends were banned for no reason, and the sims we were banned from is supposed to belong to a close friend of ours. I also suspect that either this chung or a friend of hers is using an IP banner of some sort, isn't that illegal on SL? Why can't I get the help I need? I have nobody to talk to and I feel strongly victimized and sorry for my friend who keeps losing control of his sims and groups because of this chung and her friend taking it over. 

4 answers to this question

As you are probably aware, a landowner can ban anyone at any time for any reason, or for no reason at all. She doesn't have to explain to anyone. As far as Linden Lab is concerned, situations like this are disputes between residents.  They will not get involved.  If you had anything other than a vague suspicion that there was a TOS violation, you could submit an AR, but an unsubstantiated AR won't go anywhere either. 

• Like 2

Anshe Chung is probably the largest land owner in Second Life.  She and her family/employees/alts own several hundred regions.  Trying to file an AR against her because you got banned is like trying to sue General Motors for a paint chip on your new Chevy.  Possible, but very risky, expensive, and unlikely to succeed.

And, as Rolig says, a land owner can ban anyone, at any time, for any reason, or even for no reason at all.  This is not "fraud" or a violation of the Terms of Service. 

You have no evidence, other than the fact that your alts also got banned, that anyone is using an IP detector.  However, even if someone WAS using an IP detector to identify possible alts, it's not against the Terms of Service, UNLESS they share that information with someone else.  In other words, I can use an IP detector to ban you and three other accounts that I think are your alts...as long as I don't go saying to my fellow land owners, "Beauty Appletor is using the following alts..."

As far as Chung "taking over" a sim from your friend...this is not possible.  There are, however, two possibilities. 

1.  Your friend sold the region to Chung and transferred title.  If so, she's the owner and can do whatever she pleases with the sim.

2.  Your friend is not the actual region owner.  Most people who are the "owners" of private regions in SL are actually renting them from an estate owner.  Ask your friend who he pays his land fee to.  If it is not being paid directly to Linden Lab, he does not own the region, the estate owner (Chung) does.  And, once again, she can ban whomever she pleases.

• Like 2

So let's review

1) You were banned from a few regions [sims] belonging to an Estate owned by one of the many Chung Land Dynasties.

Do understand that being banned from an Estate extends the ban to all regions under that particular Estate. There is another level of Ban known as the All Estates Ban which bans you from every Estate, thus every region, owned by the account of record that owns the Estate that the ban transaction is performed in.

2) You can't enter the region [sim] on an ALT account nor can your friends either..

The text of the message that tells you your account is not permitted on the region will tell you if an LL Server Estate ban is in effect or if a 3rd Party Security System ban is in effect. Clearly you and your ALT was banned using different criteria per your own statement.

3) You suspect that the Estate owner is using an IP banner of sorts.

Well IP Address baning systems don't really ban based on IP addresses. That information is not available to the region owner unless they have a specially crafted Music Streaming or Media Streaming or Media on a Prim object looking at who arrives when and tries to associate that to a database of IP addresses suspected to belong to SL Accounts. FYI - LL is very strict on that kind of product not being in use in SL these days.

4) As Rolig mentioned - You have NO right to access anyplace in SL at all. You are allowed to enter by the good graces of the owner of the parcels, regions & estates.

5) The place you were trying to access was and I quote "is supposed to belong to a close friend of ours"

Really! So you have the LM your friend gave you to TP to his/her designated parcel arrival point?  You have spoken to your friend? If you simply looked up a region name and TP'd to it you may have arrived at someone else's parcel and were subsequently reported to the land management staff.

6) You feel victimized!

Really? Reread points 1) -  5) above. If your friend has issues with owning land why are they not asking for help here in SL Answers? Please have them do so and we'll see if we can assist them in the successful ownership of land in SL.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

You say you have been banned for no reason:   Think back   did you follow the covenant to the letter.   Did you perhaps accicidenlly  disturb your neighbors a few times? Was your conduct in accordance to the rating of the sim.  These and many others reasons can get you banned.  I got kicked and banned from a club just because i refused to change my tag to theres.  If you really do believe that fraud has been committed  your  only choice  is to get a real life  lawyer involved.  LL doesnt not get involved in personal greviences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.