Grieving still happening, Not resolved

Studcrusher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was told here to talk to live chat and live chat told me to file another report which I already have 3 times - teh person refused to help. She didnt say it would b considered a nuisance btw to file a 4th time.  So I go to file a 4th report to have the grieving stopped, and when i get no response (land manager is out of town) where do I go next or what loops do I jump thru or circles do I run in? Or is it OK to be a griever?

================Since I can not ad a answer to ur question below I will tell U here; a helper here told me to go to live chat.

And I have as already stated I filed 4 reports now..

Its easieer to find a land logger script online and grieve as well then it is to get from help from LL

3 answers to this question

I don't understand why you are talking to Live Chat about a griefer.  It's not within their power to do anything.  The way to report a griefer is to file an Abuse Report.  Meanwhile, you should review ways that you can prevent or recover from basic griefing situations yourself.  Take a look at

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983

and

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Fr43k_Paine/Dealing_With_Griefers

• Like 3

None of us said that LIVE chat will solve your problem.

We all said that LIVE chat will push or explain to you what you need to do to fill the abuse report Correct!

If your abuse report was incorrect then even if you make 100 nothing will happen.

Also as its been said, an abuse report doesn't always makes LL get involved.

LL will be involved and solve it ONLY if the abuse report concerning a violation of the TOS and that's Not personal argues.

And once again, here we are all people like you and we try to help you.

So, if you getting upset and raise your "voice" to the people who try to help you isn't the best thing to do.

Neither threating the community that you will become a griefer.

Now, since you are so much worried about some griefers, would you please tell us whats the buzz?

What had happened? Whats the greefing part?

Maybe, if you describe the issue and post a picture or anything that might help, would be a hint for more help from here.

And more important it will be a good post for anyone who will want to know about these situations in the future!

Thanks!

Pay very close attention to what Rolig said.  MOST griefing can be dealt with by YOU.  Don't wait for or count on help from Linden Lab, they are not your parents or the SL Police and they steadfastly refuse to get involved in most resident disputes.

Some of the things you can do yourself:  If you are not the land owner, you may need to ask your landlord or estate manager to help with some of them.

- Ban the griefer(s) from your land

- Put up ban lines to keep out multiple griefers, gangs, and unknown alts.

- Turn on privacy on your land so they can't see you or hear local chat from your parcel...and vice versa.

- Turn off object rezzing, object entry, and/or script use on your land except for group members.

- Mute/Block the griefer(s).

- Turn off particle visibility to avoid seeing ugly or offensive particle attacks.  CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+=

- File a separate Abuse Report for each violation of the TOS or Community Standards.  Reference previous reports.  If there are friends present, have each of them file a report, too.

- Above all, DO NOT RESPOND in any way to a griefer.  Don't show that you even notice them.  Don't talk to them, don't show them that they are annoying you.  Most of them will eventually get bored and go away if you don't feed their tiny egos by reacting.  At the most, log off or teleport somewhere else for a while.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.