Decision to expel furries = CS violation?

Waif LittleBoots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If a sim that has had a long standing policy to allow furries suddenly decides that they are no longer allowed, does that violate the CS (Intolerance)?  I can understand that a sim owner would be free to set up a no-furries sim, but the change in policy to expel furries seems hurtful and basically expels some long-term participants. The theme of the sim is otherwise not changing.

4 answers to this question

I would imagine they have as much right to change their policies as any other company out there that clearly state that they reserve the right to change or ammend the set policies at any time they please. I do not see where this would be a violation of terms. But could prove be be a severe mistake in business decissions.

• Like 1

No they do not violate any Community Standards.

Intolerance
Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's Community Standards. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame individuals or groups inhibit the satisfying exchange of ideas and diminish the Second Life community as a whole. The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images in reference to another Resident's race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is never allowed in Second Life.

https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers.

Unfortunately the furry community in a virtual world is not treated the same as an ethnic minority group in real life.  Individual sim owners can ban me as a red-haired girl if they so wish, or they can ban everyone whose name begins with a "W" if they so wish. 

It does seem a little sad that a long-standing policy has been changed in this way, but the sim owner must have their reasons.  I hope you and your furry friends can find a new venue that will prove to be more community spirited.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.