Being stalk, person has stalked my land, my profile, friends of mine, I have tried everything?

Destynee Capelo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been stalked now since May.  The stalker is the psychotic ex of my ex.  My ex and I even broke up to see if that would get her to leave me alone but it has not stopped.  We have filed so many abuse reports that it is not funny.  She has stalked my land in over 20 different avatars.  It finally got to the point that I had to leave my land, close my business, my club and go into hiding literally.  She went into a fit of rage on my ex. She has escalated once she realized she could no longer stalk my land and I have cleared my profile to only one pick my now former clinic.   Needless to say this provoked her even further.   I have taken all the precautions to get away from her.  I have invested so much money, time and linden in to all I had to lose it cause of this person. I do not know what else to do.  She has even started staling my friends to find me. 

She has also violated TOS on several occasions.. She disclosed my ex REAL life information and was trying to send someone to harm my ex in RL on two separate occasions.  This too have been reported to linden labs.. I am now in the process of deactivating my FB account because she was stalking me there as well.  I have blocked, muted, derendered, banned every avatar she comes after me with.  Even in FB, but she does not stop.  I really need help.  I am to my wits end.

In addition, i have found that my ex has started communicating with her again and i have removed my ex from my life as well.  This all began cause of them and i have put my footdown and i am done with it all.

7 answers to this question

It sounds as if you have been taking good steps so far.  Please read the entire document from Linden Lab at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Stalkers to confirm that you have done everything that they recommend.  Continue to file Abuse Reports frequently, and be sure that each AR references previous reports on your stalker.  Then by all means, take iCade's advice and file a police report with your local police department in RL.  This is a serious matter with criminal penalties.  You and your partner are at risk, so please do not hesitate to use the resources of law enforcement and the legal system.

• Like 1

I agree with the others.

This has gone far beyond acceptable behaviour, and is a matter for the RL law enforcement/police in your locality. 

Do not worry that they will not take you seriously, because they will. 

I hope that you and your partner/ex-partner are ignoring your stalker as much as is possible; do not even let them know your intention to contact police etc.  Maybe a police caution will be enough to give them a short, sharp, shock, as a ban from SL by LL would only be likely to fuel their fire, by the sounds of it.

Good luck to you.

As sad as it sounds..I get stalked since more than 2 years in SL by two people, and they are doing exactly the same.

They create Avatars with my name, putting pics of someone in their profiles who is NOT me, and every AR got ignored by LL. :(

I don't know why I should hide, why I should give up, I never did, and never do anything wrong. I think LL should finally pay attention at these stalker problems, they have such an easy life in SL, and Members who do no harm to anyone, who love their SL since 6 years now, who paid so much RL money for SL getting to loose their fun on SL :((

I don't have an asnwer i just need help i have a guy stalking me i have made an alt and he found me so far i have muted 8 of his alts and banned them all from my land but he keeps coming i have filed a complaint with  and they have done nothing. This has been going on for a month i am tired of it,,, Help please

All we can do is reaffirm the advice that many of us have offered above in this thread and others. There are no magic bullets. Read the suggestions offered at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Stalkers and then be persistent about muting and AR'ing each alt that your stalker comes up with. Resolve that you are not going to play his game. Do not acknowledge his presence. Do not react when you see him again. Mute, AR, and move on. Sooner or later he will give it up as a lost cause and leave you alone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.