Are we allowed to use our profile to say negative things about another resident

Libby Chemistry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been residing in Second Life for some time and i see all kinds of posts in profile about other residents.. Recently; while visiting the role playing enviornment I have come accross profiles with role playing bans in them .. Stating some pretty derogatory remarks against residents.. Is this a voilation of TOS? Disputes happen among people I would think this kind of posting would fall under harassment or defamation??

1 answer to this question

Libby,

Just as we can declare our love of something or someone in our profile the flip side of this coin allows us to declare our disgust of something or someone as well. This usually says more about the person who owns the profile rather than the thing they are ranting about.

As long as no personal information is shared about the "object du rant" and no hate speech is offered towards a protected class of individuals then this form of expression [and advertisement of ones own shortcomings] is allowed.

Now the feigned rants that members of certain communities have posted in support of their Role Play activities are par for the course.

Happy Profile reading.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.